Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who in March compared climate change realists to “flat-Earthers,” declined to address whether climate change is to blame for the severe flooding that hit his home state this week. “In a time of tragedy, I think it’s wrong to try to politicize a natural disaster and so there’s plenty of time to talk about other issues,” Senator Cruz said when asked about climate change during a press conference held Wednesday.
More from the Blog
- EcoRight Speaks, Season Six, Episode 17: Your Questions Answered!
- Climate Week En Review: June 2, 2023
- EcoRight Speaks, season six, episode 16: EcoRight Leadership Council member and political strategist, Mary Anna Mancuso
- Climate Week En Review: May 26, 2023
- EcoRight Speaks, season six, episode 15: Sarah Spence, executive director, Ohio Conservative Energy Forum