Former three-term former New York Governor George Pataki joined a growing list of candidates seeking the Republican nomination for the presidency. He believes in addressing climate change through private initiatives and market-based mechanisms and opposes regulation. “I think it’s wrong to ignore environmental and conservation issues,” Governor Pataki said in an interview with CBS New York in January. “I think it’s an important part of the federal government’s role. But I think it’s even worse if the federal government uses that as an excuse to raise revenue, shut down businesses, cut off innovation and pick winners and losers.”
More from the Blog
- EcoRight Speaks, Season Six, Episode 17: Your Questions Answered!
- Climate Week En Review: June 2, 2023
- EcoRight Speaks, season six, episode 16: EcoRight Leadership Council member and political strategist, Mary Anna Mancuso
- Climate Week En Review: May 26, 2023
- EcoRight Speaks, season six, episode 15: Sarah Spence, executive director, Ohio Conservative Energy Forum